Thread: Madness
View Single Post
Old 05-08-2018, 05:19 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Dee74
Administrator

Originally Posted by bluedog97 View Post
Can anyone relate to this? You wake up hung over swearing off alcohol forever, or even the night before. But then once you start feeling better, you start thinking it’s no big deal and want to drink again. I know it’s the AV, but the AV concept hasn’t really done that much for me. I simply say to myself “Man, I want to drink”. Yet I feel guilty for thinking that. Like I’m supposed to be done, swearing it off forever.

I just get the impression many people are done and don’t look back. Like there’s no struggle. I struggle a lot. I think it’s becausr I have a lot of uncomfortable feelings inside of me and drinking takes them away.

How often does your AV pop up? Mine does often, and I just feel like somethings wrong with me. Anyone relate?
all that was exactly me when I came to SR, so it's not like you're some outlier on the curve bluedog. My first month was rough cravings wise.

I looked around and it seemed to me no one else had cravings ever. I think I was doing some selective reading, subconsciously maybe.

Everyone struggles - thats why SR is here

to me the measure of recovery is not how many times we think of drinking, but in what we do in response when we do

D