Thread: Fine line
View Single Post
Old 10-21-2005, 04:53 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Savana 54
too much on my plate!!

Originally Posted by Dakoda
What is your story Savana? What are the reasons you want to continue communication with him? Is it really 'him' that you want to rescue, or is it you that wants to be rescued? Big difference!

Forgive me if I've sounded a little blunt....I'm not at the top of my game...haven't been feeling well all day. Just think about what everyone has said here and see how that fits in with what you are thinking and feeling.
Hi Gianna! We must of posted at the same time. You know you have a good point!!! Maybe it's me that wants to be rescued....but then I wouldn't be a true codie though...

You don't have to apologize at all, you don't sound blunt whatsoever. I appreciate the insight!

You know at one time he did rescue me, then he started drinking again, and thats when I kicked him out. Part of me wants him to rescue me again...

But I have to also say, he helped me get through the rough issues the last few years with my son. He encouraged me and supported me, he took a lot of what AA taught him and then applied it to my situation, back then he was a very good man! I was very fortunate to be loved like that..It's just so hard now knowing he is out there...lost, drunk, and destroying himself, as I know he has so so much potential.