Thread: Fine line
View Single Post
Old 10-21-2005, 03:22 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Minx1969

Originally Posted by Savana 54
And NO I'm not going to go there with him, my mind is already made up on that one.
Glad to hear it!

I wonder though - why do you still take his calls? For me...I had to let him go and I had to move on..The 2 times he has called in the past year and left vm..I didn't call him back..Even just hearing his voice busted my serenity..I decided not to cause myself anymore pain so I didn't call him back...

Savana - I used to cry and ask my sponsor "Does he know that I would help him if he called?" Today I don't even think about that..he knows what a loving caring person I am..

For me..I don't waste my time on people who don't want my help..I do however volunteer, mentor and coach people who do want my help..so much easier..

I still have that tendancy to "want to help"...But today I have a voice inside my head that says "did they ask for your help?" If the answer is "yes" they did, then I'll given an opinion or help...

otherwise I'm working real hard on keeping my mouth shut and minding my own business..I have enough to work on in my own life..