Thread: Odd Mood
View Single Post
Old 05-04-2018, 02:16 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Buckley3

Thanks gang.

Mojo was back today. I got 7 hours of sleep... go figure that lack of sleep = bad mood. Who knew? Also had a fantastic conversation with my best friend this morning - he's like a brother. And he knows a lot about my profession so was able to help frame some great perspective on things that I can use. Once again I'm grateful for my amazing inner circle. They've been there every. single. time.

@less - great questions. I've just started some basic stretches on ye old Yoga mat. Practicing form for my 35 pound kettle bell. It makes me scared. If I were to pick it up and start swings, cleans, and jerks I fear I wouldn't be able to walk for a month. So yea... I've started my morning just doing the motions without the weight. Will likely keep doing that through next week then take the plunge. Can't wait.

As for meditation - I'm not really doing much other than focusing on breathing. And if I'm honest right now it's difficult for me to sit still and simply breathe deeply in and out 10 times. How pathetic eh? I'll get there though. And hey...thanks for the references - I didn't know and I'll be checking 'em out.

@D122y - I get what you are saying. But, my brain has never NOT been impacted by alcohol. So I don't really know what that kind of experience is like. Never will. I do know that I'm gradually finding an inner satisfaction and peace that I've not experienced before, and I like it a lot.

@Nonsensical - the toddler holding the knife image - cracked me up. Exactly where I was on Thursday. Mr. Poopypants.

-B