Old 05-04-2018, 03:32 AM
  # 60 (permalink)  
PalmerSage

Hi all! I'm sitting here drinking my coffee looking out the window, and it seems like everything has become green and leafy overnight! It's so beautiful. I really need to practice more gratitude and notice things like that.

Numblady, your trip sounds like it could be kind of challenging. And I don't think your post sounds obvious at all, in fact I just don't think it would be normal to not occasionally miss the "old you," even if the old you was mostly problematic as it related to drinking. Of course, there were positive elements or there would have been no reason to tolerate the many negatives, right? I think the trick is to not romanticize the beginning without thinking it through to the inevitable conclusion. If you went out drinking with those guys, would it be embarrassing, or would you be hungover and exhausted the next day, unable to fully function? (the latter always happened to me, especially towards the end of my drinking).

Sunflower, I've heard the same thing about one year, thank you so much for the reminder. Even though I think I'm slacking off related to all the things I think I "should" be doing, you're so right that sobriety is everything.

Well, I guess I should get myself into the office (after I make breakfasts, pack the lunches, etc. etc.) Luckily, my coffee is starting to kick in so I'm ready to do this! Have a great day, everyone.