View Single Post
Old 05-03-2018, 03:16 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Primativo

Originally Posted by Cosima11 View Post
I quit drinking at 26 and have almost 7 months now of no alcohol.. thought I could maybe get away with recreational use of other substances but have come to see that as pointless as well.

I remember when I was in college and would hear older people talking about their glory days in youth and thinking "if college was honestly the best time of your life and everything else has been downhill from there, that's really really sad".

I don't know if I would've had another decade of drinking in me but even if I had.. what would I have been able to accomplish in that state? So I've just come to accept that the party is over, time to move on..
Same for me. I'm 35, if I can stay off the drink, I'll have nipped alcoholism in the bud before it has done me real harm. But I look back at the last 15 years of drunkenness and ask myself what good has it done for me. Nothing whatsoever. I look forward to see what the next 15 years and beyond of sobriety brings me. The party of drink is over but the party of life has just started.