Old 05-02-2018, 07:30 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  
Numblady

Well hello out there!

Worked late as usual for Wednesday. But here I am for at least a quick catch up.

Palmer, I’m impressed you even took on a catered dinner for 30. I basically avoid activities for my own precious children just because it’s too big a commitment. Seriously! They get one activity each. That’s it. And if it comes with a lot of parental involvement I probably won’t do it, period. Thank you as well for the supportive words on my husband situation. I think part of the complaint I had on date night was just that other people could see how much he was drinking. That shouldn’t really matter but for some reason the judgment factor when he was drinking double what it seemed the rest of the world was and then some made me judgy.

Sunflower, hope the meeting went well and it helps you beat some of the malaise and sadness you were feeling the other day. Again, sorry I wasn’t here for support. I echo others in saying your feelings are real. I just try to tell myself they are real even if I question the validity of the ones I have when I feel like I shouldn’t. But also they will pass. I’m saying this as much to myself as anyone since I”m in one of those overwhelmed frames of mind.

Scotty, that has to be so tough. To worry about your partner’s children but know they are his to parent. You’re handling it well and I personally woudln’t have even replaced the chocolate evidence

NewChapter, I don’t even know what the Jinx is, if that makes you feel any less behind the times. Thank you for the supportive, kind words on the husband front. I do think we’re both coming from an overall decent place, and I think you’re right we could each grow in the direction of the other (not in totally quitting or resuming but like you say him possibly drinking less and me getting more comfortable). But most importantly, I’m so glad you noticed my eyeballs

Hi BTLover, Dee, Milly and everyone else!

This sober buddy is headed to bed. Talk to you all soon!