Old 05-01-2018, 11:15 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
FireSprite

This is powerful stuff Aeryn, I'm really happy you are having such a positive experience with these breakthroughs. (although, certainly, some will trigger harder than others) I don't obsess over it, I just examine every situation carefully when it does rise up to grab my attention.

(we recently did a bunch of yard work/clean up over many weekends & all of a sudden, months into this process, I had a flood of hateful memories related to gardening/yard stuff from my childhood bubble up & out. I vented & railed about it for about 10 mins & then "heard" myself & internally went, "whoaaaa.... where did THAT come from?!?!")

A lot of my inner child healing comes as a result of purposefully parenting my child differently. I also swear by Brene's parenting manifesto & after YEARS of using it, I still cry a little every time I read it. That's improvement - when I first found it I wept like an inconsolable child every time. Progress, lol. I figure when I can read it without triggering like that, I'll have done the majority of healing needed for my IC.

https://brenebrown.com/wp-content/up...gManifesto.pdf

I think the reason this is all coming to me now is my HP letting me know so I can be the mom my mom never was.
YES!