View Single Post
Old 04-29-2018, 11:10 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
icewater1961

Mindfulness works. But beware of anything that smells fake or people trying to sell you something just because it is a fancy label.

I really never justified my drinking. But my then significant other would give me books and articles to delicately indicate that I need to address a problem. He even initiated counseling. The councilor however decided it was all my fault. He is a baptist, not wanting to bash him right off the bat he was very judgemental and it made it worse.

He pretty much told my partner of 15 years that he should leave me. He did.

But one of the articles that appeared and my boyfriend at the time left on my desk was from a scientific magazine was about certain populations such as where I was born, having a gene that is tied to alcoholism and impulsiveness. I am sure I have it but does that knowledge help my recovery?

People have free choice.

Recovery = do it or die. It can be manageable but it can be hard.

My aunt and uncle died from alcohol and I am enjoying lovely sunshine today and really do not want to upset you with details, in the end it was what they chose to do or not to do!

I know from this forum that most if not all of you are making better choices and wonderful progress. Children, family, relationships, rebuilding careers, letting the sun kiss your face and listening to the rain.

Stay strong!!! It is a beautiful world out there.