Old 09-10-2011, 10:06 PM
  # 193 (permalink)  
Terminally Unique

Location:   « USA »                       Recovered with AVRT  (Rational Recovery)  ___________
You can go to meetings, but based on the definition of the AV, you are going to hear a lot of it at meetings, just like on any recovery forum. I'm immune to it, but I do notice it. Again, it depends on whether or not you feel you need meetings, and whether or not that troubles you, which doesn't seem like the case for you.

AVRT is about walking free, though, from addiction and all of its holdovers. If you're a meeting junkie and want to kick the habit, AVRT can help. Remember, in AVRT, no one can define what is right or wrong for you, only you can do that. Addiction is using in spite of your own better judgement, not anyone else's, and the same is true of any other behavior included in the "Big Plan," which again, is entirely your own.

Regarding vigilance, there is no need to be vigilant and avoid triggers or "slippery places" like bars. I'm using an example of what I might hear from the AV from time to time, but once you get the hang of it, AVRT is always reflexive, and kicks in only if the AV starts talking. If it stirs, dissociate and carry on. If it doesn't stir, just carry on.