Old 01-08-2012, 06:00 AM
  # 179 (permalink)  
FT

Wow -- dueling feline avatars!!!! Cool!

I just wanted to post a quick comment about the "Addictive Voice". I MUST come to the defense of the POOR ADDICTIVE VOICE!

I mean, ALL it is trying to do is HELP. It sees the POOR BEAST over in the corner, shivering and quaking. Now, WHO can blame the AV for trying to remedy that?

I stopped "hating" my AV a long time ago. Once I realized that the AV was just a part of me that represented "wants" and not "needs", it was no longer so uncomfortable to hear it pipe up. Understanding that helped me to be able to rationally sort out what was real and what was not, in terms of whether to view the AV's "requests" as legitimate or not.

With the exception of drugs and alcohol, I even let my AV have its way once in awhile. I might let it have that piece of cake. But not the whole cake, and not every day or even every month! I've never been a smoker, so I don't ever let it smoke -- even though it has even asked me for a cigarette once in awhile! Once in awhile it asks me for something REALLY ridiculous, like going bungie jumping or skydiving, but since I am the one with the final say, I turn down most bone crunching requests.

Yes, here are my silly analogies once again. But, as an Advanced Nephalist, I now have the luxury of taking a little more lighthearted view of my AV. But never so lighthearted I do not forget that my AV really does not have my best interests at heart. It still lives in the stone age, and what does it know from computers and space age technology and stuff anyway?

FT