Old 12-24-2011, 01:17 AM
  # 132 (permalink)  
kanamit

Originally Posted by DrivenHeart85 View Post
I sure hope one day I can use AVRT to get myself to go to the gym 6 days a week. I always have thoughts in a similar manner to drinking that encourage me to laziness instead. "I'm too tired." or "I'm too busy.". Seems like another part of my mind is gaining dominance in that aspect too that needs to be put into check.
Definitely your Beast is lazy. It's harder to use AVRT on food and exercise though as it's not as black and white as not doing something.

I use the shifting technique when it comes to food. Any given meal can be healthy or not. By picturing the body trying to digest processed, salty, high fat foods and that tired feeling you get from refined carbs and then shifting to a colourful unprocessed plant-based meal and imagining the body digesting it with ease and lapping up all the nutrients, it soon becomes very easy to eat well.

It's not all or nothing though as sometimes (if you're at friends' houses for dinner for example) you can indulge in something different.

Incidentally, I heard a Doctor on the radio discuss a technique to treat panic attacks and it really was a form of AVRT. He even said you tell yourself, "That was a panic attack," as Jack Trimpey advises with vertigo.

It's everywhere once you know about it—and very powerful!