Old 05-02-2012, 02:37 PM
  # 231 (permalink)  
Peta

Hello everyone

I'm loving being abstinent. I get so much done, feel fresh, happy, excitied about life etc.

My beast is still piping up via the AV regularly. Most days. And you're very right TU about 'fear' being a tool of the AV. I seem to fear the desire and youre example:
"Do you get annoyed every time you experience desire for someone who is not your husband, or do you simply recognize it as harmless??"

Was very apt because I am noticing I have been feeling a lot of desire towards other people lately (I know not strictly driniking AV discussion but I think it's relevant). AND I HAVE been FRUSTRATED with myself. My christian and own moral convctions (and I know these arent everyones) mean that I want to be faithful, monogamous etc

Your point has made me realise that that DESIRE is also the AV because it conflicts with my HIHGHER self or the 'I' .. it is the IT and it's just my body.

That's really helpful actually because again it enables me to separate.

On the drinking side of things it definitely feels like there is a war of the worlds happening inside of me. I am overjoyed about being abstinent. Whereas the Beast is still hanging out, pacing in his newly locked up cage.. I would have thought that by now It would have piped down a bit? But I'm just taking this as a sign I'm healthy etc etc and that it's early weeks for me yet.