Old 05-01-2012, 11:18 AM
  # 223 (permalink)  
Terminally Unique

Location:   « USA »                       Recovered with AVRT  (Rational Recovery)  ___________
Originally Posted by Gavinandnikki View Post
I have NOT committed to not drinking yet. That "never" scares my beast big time. I just know that I am not drinking NOW.
AVRT is a "NOW" approach, and "I will never drink again" is equivalent to "I will never now drink," or "I will never drink in the present moment." See my post on static time. There is a link to it from my response to Vinyl, five posts back. Also, what do you care what your Beast thinks, or if it is scared? To the Beast, life without alcohol is hollow and meaningless, whereas to you, it means hope for the future instead of despair. Remember the AVRT Matrix?

All this said, knowledge of AVRT alone isn't going to get the job done, Pam. You will need to take the plunge, and nobody can do that for you. If you want a very good example of this, just look at Jack Trimpey. He obviously knew AVRT, but he still kept on smoking those cigarettes for years after he quit drinking. I know you may not believe me, but trust me, no Big Plan, no AVRT. Without it, it's just another one-day-at-a-time evasion scheme, and you won't appreciate its true potential.