Old 04-20-2017, 04:39 PM
  # 223 (permalink)  
Wholesome

Originally Posted by Tatsy View Post

Day counting. I don't count days, why would I? Prisoners count days towards their freedom. But I was released and freed from addiction when I made my BP. Count days for what, to measure the distance between my last drink and the next relapse? I will never relapse, so counting days is nonsensical. I was a drinker, that was my old life; now I'm not and I'm living my new life.

My Beast counts days though. Counts the days since I made the BP and rendered him powerless. He counts days towards his wish that I relapse, which would equate towards his release. Sad thing, he doesn't realise that his desire for a drink will never be met - because I'll never drink again, and I will never change my mind.
This is a great analogy! My Beast counts time too and I find it hard not to notice but looking at it like my Beast is counting the time since I've imprisoned IT is a fantastic way to view it.

Spryte I've found that I'm less bored now that I'm free. There are tons of things to do and I have the energy and motivation to actually get out and do them! I don't worry about triggers anymore either, you can trust yourself and your BP. My boyfriends birthday is this weekend and he wants to go for dinner and drinks with a group of friends and family. I have every intention of going for the dinner and leaving once the drinks really start flowing. I just have no interest in watching people get drunk but I'd like to see everyone for an few hours to catch up and eat restaurant food. It gets easier as you get the hang of it.