View Single Post
Old 04-27-2018, 02:29 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
snitch

Not much experience here, am 6 days sober but was chatting to my younger sister this afternoon. She doesn't drink, well she may enjoy a glass of rose now and then (baffles me how she can just have the one?!) but she does suffer from ocd and anxiety. About 10 years ago she had a complete breakdown. Even though she is so much better now she has had to have counselling and cbt therapy to live her life as best as she can and her disorders still have a debilitating affect on her day to day life.

I suppose my point is that not everyone who isn't an alcoholic is just happily getting up and doing their thing everyday. A lot, if not most, people probably have their demons to face. The fact that you are angry and do not want to be an alcoholic does not make it true. I most certainly did not put "alcoholic" on my list of things I wanted to be when I grew up. But that is what I am. This previous 10 day binge which has nearly killed me has certainly proven without doubt that is true.

I will accept it because I want to live and I want to live a life and be as happy as I can. I also know I am much more than just an alcoholic! Sorry, I know you wanted advice on how to accept it,but just wanted to add my thoughts.