View Single Post
Old 04-27-2018, 05:43 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Raindrops

Hi. I went through a similar situation like yours. Mine was not 17 but 5 years. My god was watching over me. I had let my career go to the ruins while helping my husband build his career. Little did I know that when I would file for divorce , it would be the roughest ride of my life. Hidden finances, manipulation, just a beast. Not only him but his parents were the same. Everytime I reached out to them after his binges , I was manipulated into believing that I was the bad one. That I must've done something bad for him to be the way he is. It is a lot of trauma and grief to process. I would highly suggest al anon. It is keeping me sane through my divorce. You will find a fellowship where people understand and support. What do your state laws say about property division? You can approach the court and ask them to assign you an attorney for you. Do you have any relatives you can stay with in the meantime ? reach out to the women's support group in your area. They have tons of resources. There are organisations that will even help with legal fees.
Hugs