View Single Post
Old 04-27-2018, 02:18 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Jeni26

Hi, I’m so pleased you are seeking out support here.

I didn’t drink when I was pregnant but my full-blown alcoholism hadn’t kicked in at that stage and I was able quit drinking and smoking together for those times. Had I been pregnant in my mid-30s, I’m not sure what I’d have done.

However, I have worked all my life with children who’ve been damaged by FAS, foetal alcohol syndrome, and I know only too well the affects that heavy and sustained drinking can have. You are not at that stage (yet), but you have to quit right here and now before you slide into it. As we alcoholics know, we can justify the odd drink here and there, but having 4-5 glasses of wine is a new level, and I fear you will only slip further without help.

Please go and speak to your Doctor, seek out an AA meeting and find another lady to talk to you. Worrying about what your husband will say should be less of a concern than damaging your baby.

My alcoholism started when my kids were little and I drank most of their childhoods away. Even if your baby is physically unaffected, think of the gift you are giving to him/her of being sober and present throughout their life.

Having a baby and watching them grow into adulthood is truly one of life’s miracles, don’t miss a minute of it.

I will be thinking of you, and keep in touch ❤️