View Single Post
Old 10-19-2005, 10:06 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Phinneas

Originally Posted by want2boverit99
It was definitely very unpleasant, but I can't imagine going cold turkey from 150mgs a day of vicodin. Anyone that can go cold turkey has something inside of them that I don't and I envy it!
Hey, Shelly. Hang in there. Yes, it DOES GET BETTER. You'll turn the corner soon, just get through one minute and one hour at a time.

Yup, I went off an insanely high dose of Vic cold turkey. I don't have words to even describe the experience.

The point I would like to make to you (and to Chad), is that detox - regardless of the drug, is hard for everyone and the severity depends on many factors such as amount and length of use, other issues going on simultaineously and how sensitive we are to pain as individuals. So my experience is different from yours which is different from Chad's experience. Benxos vs. Opiates vs. Alcohol vs. whatever. Each has different symptoms and levels of misery... does that make sense? I don't like to compare because all I know is my own experience.

Hang in there, get to a meeting and it will get better. That I DO know for sure.

Hugs,

phinny