View Single Post
Old 04-20-2018, 05:02 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  
Fusion

Hi Zero, doesn’t sound ‘wacky’ at all! Coincidentally, after I recovered from alcohol addiction, I renewed my previous interest in the night time sky and the nocturnal animal activity.

After posting here last night, I climbed up my hill (as usual on a clear, dry night) and studied the constellations and asterisms, listened to the different types of owls calling, watched bats and waited for the badgers to emerge. Whilst contemplating the awesomeness of the night time sky on a clear night, the speed at which our planet travels, yet I feel motionless; the smallness of our planet in the galaxy; the massive diversity of species; the beauty and complexity of nature’s life cycles; animals and insects inborne drive to survive. I finished with anticipation of new elephant hawk moths caterpillars hatching on and eating their favourite plants which I tend, and their metamorphosis, which is truly magical. I too revelled in the glory of our planet, spiralling through the universe.

And I felt at peace and full of a happiness that I’m alive and no longer polluting my body and impeding my senses: the senses that create my experience of this world last night. Whilst drinking, I’d miss that experience, trading it for being senseless, passed out on the sofa, or floor.