Thread: Original Denial
View Single Post
Old 04-19-2018, 04:32 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
dwtbd
quat

If I didn’t hear those exact words , I distinctly remember having the exact thought from my first experience with alcohol. I got blackout drunk my first time , and the repercussions rolled off my back like water on a duck fortified by the idea that those sensations of drunkenness were nearly , if not in fact , magical.

There were always glimmers of that thinking throughout my ‘career ‘, my AV would assure that of course the outward appearance of drunkenness would be noticeable , as comments about them wouldn’t go unnoticed, but no need for concern, slurred speech, idiotic grinning and impaired motor control were just signs of approaching that nirvanic state that surely everyone would aspire to given the proper amount of appreciation for intoxication.

Seemingly rational thoughts about how just given the proper motivation and opportunity almost all adult social gatherings could or should turn into big ‘sleepovers’ because when it comes down to it, doesn’t everyone want to get blotto at every chance?

If deep enough levels of intoxication are within reach , morality, social constraints and rational behavior can be easily and excusably set aside , no?

Obviously not everyday offers picnics, cookouts, poker nights ect , but start a random evening with a six pack and a couple fingers of bourbon and the sky becomes the limit , tomorrow be damned! Definitely worth it ! Every time . It felt so gooood , could not be wrong!

‘Maintenance drinking’ to ameliorate hangovers, anxiety if and when it eventually comes easily finds its way into the service of ‘proving’ the ‘truth’ of the OD.

AVRT broke the Beasts spell , allowed Me to get out from under and stay out of the spell. My Beast still casts it , and always will, I just no longer believe in that magic.