View Single Post
Old 04-12-2018, 04:11 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
jada1981

I've done a bit more reading and realized I am an "anxious attachment" type. I found this article spot on: https://www.huffingtonpost.com/kyle-..._11342348.html

Especially this part: "When you met a secure lover, the messages you receive are honest, straightforward, and consistent. Due to the belief that they are worthy of love, secure lovers are not afraid of intimacy.

They don’t beat around the bush or play hard to get. Ambiguous messages and other behaviors that cause uncertainty, tension, and suspense in the relationship don’t exist.

Due to this, you feel rather calm around them. You believe they can’t be “the one,” because no emotional alarms are going off. Your life experiences have taught you that a calm attachment system is boring."

I know deep down I struggle with feelings of not feeling worthy of love, which I believe are a result of being raised by two ACOA who struggled with their own untreated codependency. I believe I seek out partners who mirror these messages to me...those who are avoidant attachment types.