View Single Post
Old 04-12-2018, 04:27 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Ladybird579

I guess that means I'm not ready to date? Not to toot my own horn, but I am a very attractive young lady who is regularly told by men that I am absolutely beautiful. I'm also smart, funny, well-educated with a great career (attorney). However, after starting this process, I'm realizing that my self-esteem is still extremely low. I can' t fathom how I am ever going to be able to be in a position to date and do so in a healthy way.

It takes time and working on yourself to be ready and once you are you will no longer care. I a m 4 years post divorce and 9 post separation and I am only just getting to the point of thinking about it...maybe ... cos am not that interested in the idea of a relationship anymore. I've filled my life with other things and am possibly too selfish now lol cos for the first time in my life I put myself and my disabled adult sons, who live with me, first. I've never used internet dating cos it sounds horrible and very hit and miss but people come along when you least expect them.

I did work out in the early days of becoming healthy tho that the more I focused on the idea of another relationship the longer it took for me to become healthy. It acted like a block to personal growth. I had to let it go completely to be able to become enough in myself and be happy as just me without the crutch of another human to "complete me".