View Single Post
Old 04-11-2018, 05:06 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Clover71

Originally Posted by jada1981 View Post
Hi everyone. It's been awhile since I posted. It's now been 2 years since my XAH and I separated. During that time, I felt like I had really made strides in my own recovery from codependency and my own self-esteem.

A couple of weeks ago, I decided that it was time for me to venture into the world of dating. I started with a couple of the free online dating apps (those that you swipe left and right.)

Well, it's only been a couple of weeks and I feel like I am a complete mess! I find myself feeling upset and rejected when someone doesn't write back. Or I jump ahead of myself and start thinking someone I'm chatting with is the perfect guy and start thinking about what our life could be like. I find myself thinking about these people and apps in an obsessive manner and overall, I just feel like I am a mess.

I guess that means I'm not ready to date? Not to toot my own horn, but I am a very attractive young lady who is regularly told by men that I am absolutely beautiful. I'm also smart, funny, well-educated with a great career (attorney). However, after starting this process, I'm realizing that my self-esteem is still extremely low. I can' t fathom how I am ever going to be able to be in a position to date and do so in a healthy way.

Hi jada

I have not read the thread yet, but I would stay away from the free sites. My friend was using them (still is now that she knows what to look for) and there are so many scammers and players on them. If you want to try to date via an online site, I would consider a paid one but also remember there are some types on there too but not as much.

Honestly, that whole way of finding someone seems bizarre to me. I guess it's my age. Whatever happened to the produce section.