View Single Post
Old 04-11-2018, 03:29 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
jada1981

Ventured into dating and I am a mess

Hi everyone. It's been awhile since I posted. It's now been 2 years since my XAH and I separated. During that time, I felt like I had really made strides in my own recovery from codependency and my own self-esteem.

A couple of weeks ago, I decided that it was time for me to venture into the world of dating. I started with a couple of the free online dating apps (those that you swipe left and right.)

Well, it's only been a couple of weeks and I feel like I am a complete mess! I find myself feeling upset and rejected when someone doesn't write back. Or I jump ahead of myself and start thinking someone I'm chatting with is the perfect guy and start thinking about what our life could be like. I find myself thinking about these people and apps in an obsessive manner and overall, I just feel like I am a mess.

I guess that means I'm not ready to date? Not to toot my own horn, but I am a very attractive young lady who is regularly told by men that I am absolutely beautiful. I'm also smart, funny, well-educated with a great career (attorney). However, after starting this process, I'm realizing that my self-esteem is still extremely low. I can' t fathom how I am ever going to be able to be in a position to date and do so in a healthy way.