View Single Post
Old 04-11-2018, 11:22 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Misc72

I shouldn't have titled this as confront. I did discuss with her in a loving place. She quickly defended her alcohol as "her crutch". She is just too far gone with the strangle hold it has on her. She has drank problematically for over 45 years. I'm 45 so all my memories are of her drinking, drunk, or on the way...

Doubt she will change but being in the employer situation sucks. I've gotten into a horrible situation with my co-dependent ways. I just want to cut all ties at this point. Would rather her be a distant relative than to have her sickness in my face every day. All 3 of her kids are alcoholics/addicts! I'm on 53 days this go around. I see things as they really are. For the first time ever my siblings and I are completely alcohol free except for her. I hurt for he.r She hasn't had friends or a significant other for 15 years now.

We just closed the pack and ship company we bought for her to run because it kept her busy during the day. But it was a money pit and had to close. My biggest fear is that she will just turn full fledged now. She is working for my online business from her house. So it is a pity job for her. It is not needed and she is not qualified. And I know she will not like this as she is a people person.

I just don't know what to do. I came at her with care concern and she thanked me... But I could tell she was embarrassed. I give up. But my livelyhood is on the line. Costing 4K per month in her salary so she can be a drunk in her free time. It's just gloomy! I want out but don't know how. Just want to live my own life... This has always been such an anchor.