Old 04-09-2018, 08:46 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Canuckleman45

This Sobriety thing? Its a Wonderful way to live.

Well I'm starting Day 70! I must say I have never gone this long without a drink my entire adult life. I'm in my early 40's now. LOL. Anyways I love this new life I have been fortunate to receive. I have had a few arguments with my AV, and won them all. I actually poured my wife a glass of wine the other evening and took a sniff of the bottle and seriously almost threw up. LOL.
Complacency is a word given to me here by another person, and that very words dangerous to us. I almost gave in to AV with my complacency. However I was victorious.
I told my wife about this and she looked very terrified for me, us, our family. But those looks turned to a look of happiness from her very quickly as we spoke.
I am still waiting for the big challenge, the big trigger that will be my biggest fight thus far. I hope it never arrives but I know that is naive thinking. I think it has to because Ive found this sobriety quite easy to achieve. I got through detox in an unconventional way which I believe was a "Come to Jesus" moment. LOL for the lack of a better term. I'm not religious at all. After that I just haven't had the want to drink.
I hope that anybody out there that struggles can find their way. I know how lost and desperate we get, and sad, and angry, etc. Im not here to say that I am the worst off boozer ever, I've read a lot of posts here and that is not the case at all. But I found it and I hope everyone else can