View Single Post
Old 04-07-2018, 09:19 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Tommy0311

Cobber, I'm going on a little over month now (Should be 4 mo, but i relapsed a couple times). I have all kinds of anxiety related problems, but just like others have said, i have good and bad days. I also have good and bad weeks. Anyway, I'm not a big fan of meds either, but i think the SSRI i'm taking is helping. If nothing else, it's helping to calm the obsessive thoughts.

For me the obsessive thoughts are the worst because they try and convince me that i'm going crazy and that leads to more anxiety and more symptoms. The only drug that i've read you need to take caution with in recovery is any type of benzo. Benzo's can be used for physical withdraw, but they are detrimental for the mental side of the house (PAWS). I'm no doctor so take what i'm about to say with a grain of salt, but apparently benzo's work on the same area of the brain as alcohol. So in effect, taking them is the same as drinking.

That said, there are many of us out there doing the right thing and fighting this readjustment period away from booze. Keep posting your progress and i'll do the same. Hopefully doing so will provide hope on the bad days/weeks.

Take care and keep throwing those addiction fighting round-houses!