View Single Post
Old 10-18-2005, 07:57 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
wsttxbber

Hi there- hang in there and just take the clonidine- the clients at our treatment center take them for opiate/heroin/vikes/ withdrawl-its really all the same- from what i understand they speed up the process of withdrawl by opening up the blood vessels-keeps the veins from constricting-im no doc but i work directly with the detox clients and they say that clonidine helps. Usually after about 5-8 days the withdrawls will begin to get alot easier to deal with. Insomnia seems to be the killer for most people detoxing. The pain can be easily dealt with with motrin and upset stomach with immodium. Take a multi vit.multi mineral along with potassium tabs and a b-complex vitamin. Im not a counselor or anything-i work work with the clients by just supervising and driving to meetings but they say the withdrawls are so much easier with support of other addicts and alchoholics because they have all been there. Im an addict myself and without AA in my life I would probably be dead from my wreckless behavoir and over-indulgence. You are going to have to withdrawl at some point to get clean and sober so what better time than now?! Good luck and god bless-W.J.