View Single Post
Old 04-06-2018, 04:49 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Cayde6

Originally Posted by tekink View Post
Congrats on four days! It's amazing how long those days actually are. It's hard at first and it can be hard for a while. I'm not going to sugar coat anything, the early days are hard and long. Just making it through the day was about all I could do. After relapsing a few times at the 60 day mark I started to feel really bad about throwing that time away and having to do it all over again. It sucked.

You must be playing some Destiny? Honestly video games have been really helping to keep me sober. It didn't happen right away but I can play a lot better sober than I ever could drinking. It's been my fall back to sink time away from cravings.

I already have over 450 hours on my Monster Hunter World save file, that game is downright fun.

I don't like to be around drinking people when I'm sober so I can see how gaming with them would be a drag. Most of the people I game with are just internet people, I do game with an old friend who lives out of state. He knows not to talk about it with me.

I will always be a huge fan of Destiny. I have a few hours into MHW and I like it, other than that my friends and I play alot of Dead By Daylight, Ark, and Battlefield 1. I know eventually down the road VIdeo games are going to be a big help in staying sober, and I cant wait to get back to them.