Thread: Conflict
View Single Post
Old 04-05-2018, 09:13 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  
freshstart57
Self recovered Self discovered

In my journey, identifying AV was essential, but only when it concerned my own thoughts. Identifying AV in the thoughts of others didn’t do squat for my sobriety, especially if it was pointed out to them.

I see this behaviour sometimes from some RR proponents, and the results are mixed. Sometimes the message is received in a helpful manner, but frequently egos get bruised and all chance of knowledge exchange gets burned to ashes. Feelings are hurt, offence is taken, and personal brands are devalued. Nobody wins.

I think that this stuff would continue to happen in an RR only forum too, unfortunately, so there may not be a way around it. Relegating what I see to be a very useful technique to an obscure corner of SR would make it that much more difficult to find by those curious about alternatives to 12 step recovery. I also believe that we need to find our own message in the form that appeals to us personally, and Trimpey’s message might not be the right one for the individual seeker.

So, I would like to see the sc forum maintained as it currently is. I don’t know how to change the approach other RR advocates take, nor would I presume to do so. I so very much appreciate your intent, Morning Glory, to work to improve this most important corner of the internet. You take responsibility and pride, and have a personal stake here, something that many find impossible to understand and appreciate.

Thanks, eh?