Old 04-04-2018, 11:00 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  
GerandTwine
Not The Way way, Just the way

Originally Posted by fini View Post
well, some of it depends on the thread and the forum itself, of course.
i wouldn't expect a widening of the lens or more inclusivity of differing views in a thread specifically devoted to AVRT for example.
nor would i expect to find welcome for The Freedom Model in the 12-step section. just usingthese as examples.
but many threads here are not model- or method-specific, giving the impression that the space is more open.
Sometimes I feel there’s a conflict between my desire to have a level playing field OVERALL for access to recovery information and my desire to respect everyone’s enthusiastic participation here in SC.

Here are the two SR Principles I like the best (they’re all good):

Tolerance: Please respect the rights of others to hold beliefs and perspectives, which differ from yours. Our Sober Recovery Forum members are of many nationalities, ages, and cultures. Healthy, vigorous debate will further our goals, but only when guided by the tolerance that springs from mutual embrace of mission.

Responsible Behavior: Your attendance here carries a responsibility. Ours is a mission of mind and perspective, and consequently, attention is our most precious resource. Do not waste what attention you may attract, nor seek to attract it with wasteful actions. Remember that personal worldview is a most powerful motivator; never treat another's lightly.

The bolded text is totally my own emphasis and not an emphasis by SR.