View Single Post
Old 10-17-2005, 09:43 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
angelgirl
You're never alone!!

Originally Posted by want2boverit99
Well, I went to my doc and he wanted to put me on 2mgs of suboxone. I said, "No way." I asked him if it would set me back since I've made it this far and he said no. How in world can that be? So then he gave me a script for Clonodine - has anyone taken this?? It's usually prescribed for high blood pressure, but can help with wd's. If anyone has taken this, please tell me about it??????? Thanks everyone for your support.

Becky, I definitely didn't use, I went to the doc and asked my husband to come home early. I am going to try the Clonodine. Thanks for the info on RoyalSecret, I actually had read it all before and it was great and a great triump for her husband.
Thanks for everything... I'll keep you posted on how I feel. How are you???
shel
Hey Shel,

Sorry to hear that you are feeling bad. Yes, I'm sure it's the suboxone, and it was a good thing you did by refusing to go back on 2mgs. You are this far into it, why go back, right? I also disagree with the doctor, and I don't understand why he would tell you that?? Just like when I went to my addiction doctor for the suboxone the first time. My husband went with me, and he asked the doctor if I would experience withdrawals from the sub. and the doctor told him no, now granted he was new at prescribing suboxone, but he should have known..
You held strong though, you will make it through this, you are this far into it, keep going hun,,, don't go back to anything at all. Keep your mind set on sticking through it.. Funny thing for me to say, since I have yet to go through those withdrawals, but I know if it were me, it would be what I know I should do, not go back. Just keep telling yourself you are almost done.

About the Clonodine, it is widely used for withdrawal. The treatment center I went to the most for detox, used the patches and they would line like 5 of them up on your back to help along with all the other meds they used in the detox process, but I have EXTREMELY sensative skin, and I developed big boils from the patches, they were infected, oh they hurt, I am allergic to them on top of having sensative skin, they had to use steroid cream to clear that up.. So the next time I went to detox, they gave me the clonidine pills,
and I was also allergic to them, and had some bad reactions, so I can no longer take them, but they DO help, so take them, I have never, ever heard anyone say they werea addictive, and they are bllod pressure pills. So you will be fine with them, and they will help. But you are 3 days into it, so you will be doing better soon.

We are here for you,, please keep on posting, it helps you, and it's kind of like RoyalSecret did for us, it's kind of like a mini diary, which will help us, and many more to come, when we are down to the point you are at..
It's a great thing to do, and I believe you can really gain alot from giving of yourself like that..

PLEASE
talk to your doctor about PAWS, I have experienced it, and I know others who have, I alsolearned alot about it through treatment and my addiction doctors.. So, please ask your doctor about it, so that if you begin to experience symptoms, you are not confused, you'll understand what you are going through.. It doesn't hurt to ask. I have never befor eheard anyone say an opiate addict does not experience it, but I am not going to get into any type of a match here with anyone, just not me, but I woudl really advise you, since none of us are doctors, to checkit out with your doctor, or read up on it, if you can find info. on the net..

I am on here at all different times. Please, if you need support , there are many here who are willing to give it to you.. Just get everything out hat you need to..

Talk to you later,
Be easy on yourself
We will root you on..
You can do this..
Love,
Becky