Old 04-03-2018, 07:29 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
joandmelandhan

Originally Posted by Horn95 View Post
I want a better life. the life of promise and success I knew I would have. But now seems like a pipedream. Time to dig deep. Admit once and for all that I am a FRICKING ALCOHOLIC WHO IS POWERLESS OVER THIS POISON. It is NEVER an option.
Horn95 I feel your pain today but I'm here to tell you it is NOT a pipe dream!
You're back, dusted off and ready to give this everything you've got and I mean EVERYTHING. I mean, we're her saving our lives after all aren't we?
I understand what you meant about the decision being a process rather than a light bulb moment in a way. I thought I'd made the decision on April 19th 2017 and then had another go at it on 29th July 2017. Just once but once was enough. I was done. My hatred for that poison was so strong that nothing was going to deter me from my mission to grab sobriety by the balls and suck up whatever pain or craving this addiction threw at me. Oh and it tried it's best!
8 months later I still love my sobriety with a passion. The freedom is like nothing else I've experienced!
THIS IS YOURS FOR THE TAKING TOO MY FRIEND!
I wish you well and look forward to seeing more of you on your journey to sobriety. Take care today xxx