Old 04-03-2018, 06:26 AM
  # 374 (permalink)  
Sohard

Originally Posted by GerandTwine View Post
I cannot recall the sensation of being under the influence of alcohol or any other intoxicating drug except opioids which I needed following surgery almost two years ago. So, it has gone away 100% except for the hydrocodone pleasure, which I can still recall - somewhat. These are simple observations that I can instantaneously run through an AV filter and move on.

Your enormous relief is the Abstinence Commitment Effect, but your AV wants its oxygen and is trying to get you to feel that YOU miss the pleasure such that it would be better to not even remember that pleasure at all.

You are recognizing your AV as an anticipation of when will this unfulfilled desire end. And you recognize that as inconsequential.

I recognize my AV wanting to procure and use hydrocodone illegally. This is a sign of health, not disease. My appetites for pleasure/survival are functioning OK, and of course, I will not act upon that particular one. Recalling that pleasure is just as harmless as not remembering the sensations of booze or pot, or even caffeine or nicotine, which the case with me.
Thank you for these thoughts. That was an interesting experiment I just had to see if I could "recall the pleasure" of being intoxicated. I'm trying to figure out why I found it so pleasurable. Maybe it was just the false promise I was buying into.