Thread: Common Theme
View Single Post
Old 04-03-2018, 02:06 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
August252015

Strongly agree with what Mike wrote, as I usually do. My experience was similar: I had to tackle some very big problems- legal and financial, to name two- one step at a time. Gradually, as I got help for the former and made payment arrangements and such for the latter- these problems went away or became manageable.

I couldn't have the life I have now without complete dedication to recovery, my sober life and my program (AA). There is so much more to recovery than there is in mere sobriety. I need (ed) external help, mortal and spiritual.

It can seem insurmountable at first, and I had to work through that "fatalistic," "victim" and such thoughts and huge feelings of being overwhelmed. One step, one day at a time.

Hope you will look around at the plans people here follow successfully, and see that recovery is indeed possible, even for the worst active alcoholics among us (of which I was one). You don't have to do it alone, rely on your will or any manner of "white knuckling." It's so much easier when you don't do those kind of things.

Best to you.