View Single Post
Old 04-02-2018, 04:41 PM
  # 277 (permalink)  
Bubovski

Originally Posted by joandmelandhan View Post
Oh yeah Soberista I hear you loud and clear!
In no particular order:
Alcohol, nicotine, sugar, money (earning and spending), sex (sorry guys!), social media....................
I think I tick all of the above and more!
I figure cutting out the one that deeply upsets my family and would destroy my life and everything I hold dear is and always will be top priority.
I couldn't bring myself to do a great deal about anything else for about 5 months I think. Anything that endangered my commitment to sobriety was a definite no-no. But of course that couldn't go on forever and bit by bit the rest is following.
They say the one thing we addicts have to learn to do is just "be". You know, without stuffing something in our mouths or getting some other dopamine high.
Ugh! Work-in-progress! Why can't I get myself excited about exercise and celery in the same way?
Keep us posted about your book and your progress!
I kind of concur, though consumerism was never a really big deal, and I gave up the smokes over thirty years ago. Oh yes, gambling never appealed. As for the rest, particularly when I was younger, it was open slather. What a mess.

As for alcohol I see that as my major assailant and a trigger for other dangerous stuff. Waking up in strange rooms never happened when I was sober, and I worked far more constructively without a hangover.
Sooo alcohol abstinence is my main objective and a non clogged up brain will help with the rest.

Oh yes! 24 for 3/4/18~Oz time-