View Single Post
Old 10-17-2005, 06:58 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
theNAway
Livin' the NA WAY

Clonidine/Catapress is a blood pressure med used to help with withdrawals for addicts in particular due to it being an antihypertensive, non narcotic med.
I took it a few years ago to help with withdrawals a couple times. It helped, but I didn't make it to a meeting or get help for my addiction, and went back out.
It should help with the withdrawals and anxiety that comes from opiate abuse.
I would also do a search for the "Thomas Recipe" and start taking some of that stuff to get through the malaise.
I would also eat banana's for the potassium to help with the restless leg syndrome(RLS). That would drive me nuts. At the end for me it was RBodyS.
Walks and hot baths also help. Especially the walks. The sooner you start to exercise the sooner your body with start producing dopamine on its own which will help you feel better. The malaise you are feeling is due to you filling all of your brains receptors up with artificial dopamine (opiates) and you body stops producing the natural dopamine that is released when we laugh, have sex, ect. those good feelings. So the sooner you start eating right, exercising, ect. the sooner and faster you will get back to normal.
Hope you make it through this and are able to stay clean,
Chad H.
~Another day clean due to working the program and my HP~