View Single Post
Old 04-01-2018, 07:04 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Tamelepen

Thanks

Originally Posted by Verdantia View Post
When I went to detox in 2011 on the first day I was in the 'fish tank' glass windowed room across from the nurse's station and was really a mess. The next day they put me in a dorm and I was feeling a little better and went to a couple of AA meetings but the third day I had a seizure and was taken to a regular hospital and spent a week there, three of them totally lost to me but for one brief and confusing dream. At that point I was on an IV Ativan drip, with thiamine and potassium as well. After that nightmare I went to rehab for two months.
It's true for me that 4 days was the time I would tend to relapse. There is also the phenomena of kindling where each successive detox is worse than the last. It's a real thing.
I wish you all the best on your sober journey and hope you're feeling better soon.
The darkest parts of the soul are touched too often during drinking and withdrawal. Never thought my mind knew places like those. My second detox was bad as i had been drinking for 10 or so years and well yes you well know how it goes as you from what you wrote were there too

Last edited by Tamelepen; 04-01-2018 at 07:06 PM. Reason: Mistake delete original message still working this site out