View Single Post
Old 03-31-2018, 05:39 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
likedreamersdo

near fatal heroin overdose ICU so lost.

i am new here and in need of someone who has been through similar situations, my person lets call her K was clean of heroin or so we thought, she was in a treatment center (out patient) attending classes and therapy sessions got a great job things seemed to be going good but i suspected something was off she was lying to people, sneaking around, asking people to pee for her drug test due to her taking anxiety medication that wasnt prescribed to her (she claimed anyways) fast forward to thursday i get a call she was found near death she over dosed and was bleeding from her nose, and foaming from the mouth she was cold and had a very faint heart beat she had been like thjs close to 4 hours when she was found (junkie boyfriend she wasnt suppose to have contact with sat next to her while she was dying instead of calling 911) she was given 3x of narcan and could not be brought too she was transported to the local hospital and placed in icu, now this is 2nd hand information from my family members so i may not have all the facts but she has been placed on a ventilator shes breathing but not well on her own, she was placed in a medically induced coma because she was trying to pull her ventilator tube out and her stats kept bottoming out and they could not stabilize her, she tested positive for methadone, heroin and cocaine she has a serious lung infection and they have tried to slowly bring her back to a conscious state but everytime she goes for the ventilator, and all of her stats bottom out so they have not been able to move her to check her brain activity or to see if she had a stoke (apparently this is common for people in the condition she was in) i am so scared for her and my mind can't shut down all of the things that could happen (brain damage, organs failing etc) has anyone had a similar experience and if so what was the outcome for your family member? what can we do for her for the time being?