View Single Post
Old 10-17-2005, 04:25 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
theNAway
Livin' the NA WAY

I am an addict. So if I had the opportunity, I got addicted to it, regardless of what it was.
Becoming dependent takes a different amount of time and dosage for everyone. For a couple days it isn't bad, after that I would watch out, unless you want to ride that coaster...
As far as the restless legs, try searching for the "Thomas Recipe". I lived off it when I got dope sick, which it didn't help so much at the level I was at, but it did seem to help. Along with hot baths and taking walks, believe it or not.
Get out and walk around the block or to the store or something. (To a meeting would be best)
It will take a bit to get your receptors to start firing again depending on the duration and dosage of your usage.
The best thing I can suggest is try the Thomas Recipe, mulivitamin, ect, walks, hot baths, and go to a NA meeting.
I tried a 1000x to quit on my own, to no avail. The last time I used, I finally hit a meeting - started working the program and what was suggested - and have been clean ever since.
Yeah, it was hard to accept at first that I was a junkie, but guess what, I finally got honest with myself and where I was at. It doesn't care who you are, how much or little you have. Addiction is blind and sucks all in.
My sponsor is a doctor, who is also an addict. I can relate to him on a professional level, as well as an addiction level. But what I have also realized is that the best friends I have now are those in recovery, regardless of their backround or drug of choice. Especially since mine was whatever you had.
I am able to finally live each day to its fullest. Not to the best of my ability everyday, but when I work the program, it usually works out that I do.
The best thing about it is that I don't have to get high today to feel "better"...
Hope you find your way...
Chad H.