View Single Post
Old 10-17-2005, 12:52 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
want2boverit99
Farmer's daughter

Hi Angelgirl,
I tapered off of Suboxone. I started out at 8mg, then 6, then 4, then 2, then I tried to taper down from the two by going longer periods of time and got really sick, then I went from 4 to 2 switching every other day and then down to 2 again for a while and and then again going until I felt a little bad and taking 2mgs, then going longer and I tried slicing the 2 in half which worked for me and then I was going about 2 days before I felt icky, then finally on my last day I had a sliver of a sliver and licked the bottle and that was it and at that point it took about 18 hours for me to get sick. So no, I didn't get sick right away. It was definitely very unpleasant, but I can't imagine going cold turkey from 150mgs a day of vicodin. Anyone that can go cold turkey has something inside of them that I don't and I envy it!
Temazzies are Temazapam (benzos).
I am in an outpatient program with meetings and one on one therapy. My therapist is the most wonderful man in the world. I have signed many contracts that said I must attend NA (in my other attempts to get clean), but I can't bring myself to do it yet... I don't know why??? I know I will get there, but I think part of me still feels like I'm not "one of those people." I think everyone here will understand what I mean.
Are you still on 4mgs right now? Are you going to go down to 2? What course has your doc put you on?
I wish you the best!
Shelly