View Single Post
Old 03-29-2018, 01:52 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  
SheIsBeautiful

Originally Posted by AnvilheadII View Post
It's all just so exhausting. Beyond my own emotions I'm doing everything I can for damage control as I can only imagine the depression that would come from her losing her job, close friends, etc. At the same time though, this is enabling her by minimizing consequences. I don't want to quit on her. I promised her and promised myself that I wouldn't.

what if you just backed off and let her manage stuff on her side of the street? right now you are hyper alert and all over her business. a grown woman has the right to leave her residence for as long as she wishes. so far you've called your job, her job and are considering calling the police. after four hours.

if she wants to drink, she GETS to drink. and there ain't nothing you can do to CHANGE that.

you CAN change how your own life operates tho. you can continue to circle her like one of Saturn's moons, ever stuck in that orbit, OR you can take back your focus and your energy and worry about your very own planet!!!
I know that this is the cold hard truth, as hard as it is for me to let go and accept it. Thank you for your honesty.