View Single Post
Old 03-29-2018, 01:02 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  
SheIsBeautiful

Originally Posted by FireSprite View Post
I'm REALLY sorry this is happening SIB, I am too well versed in disappearing acts - I completely understand your discomfort & fear right now.

I would highly advise you to NOT contact the police or her employer at this point. 4 hours is not terribly long in all reality & it's a waste of their time chasing a grown adult simply off making bad choices. You have no reason to believe she's in obvious & apparent danger.

Dealing with FMLA & her employer is solidly on her side of things to be managed - you can't do for her what she refuses to value for herself.

What about YOU? Can you get to a meeting today to help manage this discomfort? Do you see a therapist that you can schedule with? What recovery tools work for you at times like these to help keep your focus on You - the part you can control?
The reason that I do believe she may be in danger is that last night she grabbed scissors out of our knife block and I had to bear hug her and force her to drop them. It's also not beneath her to get in her car and drive in her current condition.

I've found an Al-Anon meeting that is happening relatively close to me tonight. Assuming I don't hear from her I plan to attend.