View Single Post
Old 03-29-2018, 09:21 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  
SoberLeigh

(Originally posted by Nic)

Im checking in late.. I’ve skipped a couple of days. I got my results from my biopsies which show that I do have bowel cancer but hopefully it’s contained and hasn’t spread to any major organs . The pet scan and ct scans didn’t pick up any metstases so fingers crossed. I’ll apparently be needing surgery and they’ll test my lymph nodes to make sure there’s no spread there, and they’ll be able to stage me at this point. I’ll also need chemo.
It’s been an emotional few weeks but I’ve told my Mum as I need her support. She took it better than I gave her credit for!!I’ve got an appointment at our major hospital next week and I’ll find out specific details then- that’s when I’ll be telling my boys.
Thanks so much for all the prayers and love already.. they’ve been much appreciated..
A big lesson here is to listen to your body.. if something doesn’t seem
or feel right then make sure you tell your doc this ..I’m only 40 so it’s a miracle that they even offered a colonoscopy to me at all. Cancer certainly doesn’t discriminate. I lost my best friend to breast cancer 3 years ago and she was only 44..
Sending love xx

I am so very sorry, dear Nic, that you are going through this.

Thank Heavens, though, that you listened to your body and took action. Colon cancer is so successfully treated these days; having just a few years on you , I have known quite a few people who have experienced this and they have ALL done beautifully.

You are a very strong woman; you will get through this with flying colors. We will be with you every step of the way.

Love to you, sweetheart. ❤️

And many prayers, too.