Old 03-29-2018, 03:30 AM
  # 316 (permalink)  
PhoenixJ

Good evening (Adelaide- 2051, Easter Thursday) March '18 class. I have a vested interest in COMarch threads....as I joined SR with COM '16. I thought I would share the enormous (ly obvious) wisdom I have gathered. SR is a safe, welcoming and supportive community. A more damaged, broken human being you would be hard to find.... The best time to post- is when you do not want to. Then keep posting....as often as possible...every minute if you have to. Early recovery sees many people's emotions waking up- and guilt/shame can follow. Professional support as well as meetings help me greatly. With guilt, etc- isolation can happen, as well as forgetting simple stuff- like rest, food and water.
My old sponsor once told me a sotry- that one night, after doing wonderful works for AA members..he called HIS sponsor and said that he had worked hard all day, it was very cold- so not going to a meeting that night as he was too tired.
His sponsor replied 'you would have crawled over broken glass in this sort of weather to get another drink'. He went to the meeting...
The point being- if we commit to sobriety with the same drive that we had drinking, if we invest the same amount of time on our recovery as we did to pretending to be normal, secretive, hiding booze..etc, then we are doing okay. Keep at it fellow March flyers...
Support to all.