Old 03-29-2018, 02:38 AM
  # 315 (permalink)  
JayTee33

Morning everyone, it's early on day 35 for me. 5 weeks today! Overall I'm feeling good. Not every day is great, but if I look back at where I was 5 weeks ago, I'm in such a better place. I'm so grateful for the support I've gotten here so far. Thanks to you all!

GBE sounds like you've got a great community building up with your AA group. Great to hear!

Zombie glad to hear that you powered through your cravings. Well done!

Strawberry I agree with Dee, you'll tie yourself in knots with worry if you keep googling and self-diagnosing - why don't you make a doctor's appointment? I think I mentioned earlier but I went through something similar and it took me ages to go to the doctor because I was so anxious about it but I felt SO much better after seeing the doctor and finding out what was going on with me physically. If it is something liver-related, best to know asap..and remember, a lot of the time liver damage can be reversed, especially by refraining from drinking.

Wishes I go through the same thing - some days I feel like I have tons of energy and some days I feel zombie-like. It's frustrating sometimes when recovery isn't always an upwards journey. I'm learning to live with the ups and downs, and like you try to be gentle with myself and just take a day to relax with tea and pjs if needed.

Re. your question on the AV - good question! I don't really have the answer. I think for some people it works to visualize their cravings as a separate "enemy" that you actively oppose. I can definitely see how that would could be helpful. That said I'm with you and lastchance, I see my struggles with alcohol as a part of me.

You definitely don't have it all wrong. Frankly I've read so many different ways of conceptualizing alcoholism over the last few weeks that the only real conclusion I've come to is "whatever works best" for each individual!

Hope everyone has a good day. Heading into the long Easter weekend - any big plans?