View Single Post
Old 03-27-2018, 03:00 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
hpdw

medication opinions differ

While abiding with forum rules I wanted to put across my personal past and present situation with medications that involves mental health .
Over the years I have tried various SSRI's ( anti-depressants) at low doses for anxieties such as health anxiety ,social anxiety ,panic disorder ,general anxiety disorder (GAD) I was too sensitive to the side effects and couldn't tolerate them . I was addicted to benzos in the 1990s so very wary of those .

Recently I have been given a prescription for diazepam to take if and when required . ( I took 6mg last night ) , not a huge dose but let let me sleep .

My point is this . I have always been against medication for my anxiety and mild depression but I am thinking of re-visiting the idea that if they worked and give my body and mind some relief ( a break from worry , fear and anxiety ) then surely this would be a good thing .

I am awaiting an appointment from the drugs/alcohol addiction people who are actually able to prescribe and decide that what my GP is doing regards mental health is or is not the right thing .

Yes ,yoga ,mindfulness,swimming,walking, healthy eating , meditation ,and other natural therapies are helpful but I never seem to get round to any of them with exception to my slimming club through which I have lost 17lb .

Im hoping that once I get my appointment they will maybe have a plan that works for me and even might suggest some new medication that is available .

We will see