View Single Post
Old 10-16-2005, 10:43 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
SPF 77

Originally Posted by nocellphone
Yes SPF, I read it. I got it. I appreciated it. I simply disagree with it somewhat.

Sure..definately.

Wellllll... I'm not sure about the accuracy of the %ages you've put forth, but I certainly agree that there are people who drink who don't have long-term problems with alcohol. I'm still a bit concerned about the short-term effects.
I actually got these percentages from a Denver Post article written awhile back and then I verified them on the wilkipedia...I think too American Family Physican probably has them listed on their website if your interested in confirming. You do have to be careful where you get data like this....and I was...especially with the internet their is so much mis-information out there...but websites like the Wilkipedia, American Family Physican, American Liver Foundation, Web Md...are all pretty repubtable.

(Since you enjoy my analogies... ) What would you think if the NRA took out an ad that said, "Blankety-blank percent of people survive bullet wounds, so guns aren't really sooooooooooo bad after all!!! Yay, guns!"?
He he I'm amazed they actually havent.

Yes I did! I swear!!! I can quote it back if you'd like... It's up above somewhere. I'm almost sure of it...
Yes you did....sorry I was in kinda a rotten mood when I wrote that last post and I think it reflected...thanks though for taking it with good humor.

By the way, your sarcasm bone seems to be in good working order (I'd put a smiley here, but apparently I'm over the limit).
Hehe but your responses to it have been very good.

Nooooooo... Let me see if I can put it in a way that might be more easily understood: I don't believe that the health benefits outweigh the health risks. If a person shows obvious signs of being affected by alcohol (no need to list 'em, we all know what they are), then the alcohol is affecting them. The damage may not be permanent, but it's still damage. If the ingestion of alcohol causes damage even for a minute, should it's use be advocated in such a way?
Hmmmm though does not everything effect us in such a way? Breathing air one could argue is slowly damaging our lungs due to all the polution....should then we advocate not breathing To be really honest I dont think there is much evidence that 1-2 drinks a day really DOES damage to the body. Even the people who have fatty liver other factors need to be taken in such as OTC pain medication usage....diet...etc. etc.

Thanks! I'm enjoying our interchanges!
thank you...thank you

All I know is that I'm gonna keep on not drinking, 'cos my opinion is that it is poisonous. A little or a lot, my liver would have to deTOXIFY the alcohol from my system, and that just isn't a nice thing to do to my li'l ol' liver... Poor little guy has enough to do already.
Of course you shouldnt...but like we have already established...all medical reports which show that 1-2 drinks a day are benefical to the heart DO NOT ADVOCATE starting up...or even continuing.