View Single Post
Old 03-23-2018, 04:56 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
FreeOwl

Originally Posted by Jeni26 View Post
I just felt the need to check in with you guys. I always scroll through posts these days but haven’t actually written anything for a while, (as my app keeps reminding me!&#128522

Life for me is just getting better and better...and none of this would have been possible without the months and months I spent on this forum in the beginning, pouring out my heart to faceless strangers from all over the world who became my close friends and confidantes

At the ripe old age of 53, I’m re-training to become a counsellor for children and young people, and I’m actually really excited about this new path.

It was here on SR that I first shared about the troubled past that led me to alcoholism, and once I’d sobered up, I could follow the path to healing and freedom.

A heartfelt thank you to everyone who held out the hand of friendship to me even when I slipped and crashed a few times,

A sober life is a beautiful one,and I am one very lucky lady to have found you ❤️
Thank you for sharing!! This is a great post. Inspiring, too.

I often think about retraining into some sort of counseling... more meaningful work that makes a real difference to people's lives.

I'm 45 and often feel like it's 'too late' - but it's not. Good for you, and good for those whom you'll help in life!

Congratulations on your sobriety and thank you again for sharing.